The mystery and glamour that dresses the art world is often accompanied by legal contradictions, misinformation and unprofessional practices.
That is why we help artists, collectors, art dealers, art experts, private and public cultural institutions and authorities to navigate this complex world, using all the possible resources at our disposal to at least, make decisions based on the highest standards of due diligence and good faith.
In a market where it is questioned that an invisible artwork
can be plagiarized, quality advice is necessary
LegalWe provide regulatory, commercial and litigation advice, supported by more than 10 years of experience fully dedicated to the art market and the field of Cultural Heritage at main Spanish law firms and cultural institutions.
- Legal due diligence (research on ownership, intermediation, guarantees and charges)
- International Sales
- Investment funds
- Arte Finance
- Intellectual Property
- Artist's Estate
- Compliance programs for art business
- Codes of conduct for cultural institutions
- Anti-Money Laundering EU Legislation
- Art and Competition Law issues
- Export / Import
- Restitution of looted heritage
- Religious cultural heritage
- Endangered Species / CITES
- Underwater Heritage
- International Cultural property conventions
Art market researchIndependence and impartiality are a maxim in our management. We approach each problem from a scientific and multidisciplinary paradigm, applying, according to the needs of each case, the empirical, formalistic and comparative method. Many of the doubts that arise about the provenance of cultural goods, can be found after carrying out a deep documentary and bibliographic review. Thanks to all this combined effort, we are able to offer the client an exhaustive, knowledgeable, technical, clear and evolved study.
- Artistic due diligence
- Research of documentary sources: collection, processing, analysis and interpretation.
- Art historical research
- Photographic documentation
- Condition Report
Art market advice
- Advice on expertise and authenticity reports
- Advice on art cataloging and inventory
- Advice on purchase and sales, financing and insurance operations
- Departments, wills, partitions, donations and deposits
- Advice on fair market prices for legal purposes (Due Diligence,damage appraisal,guarantees,taxes,etc.)